Saudi Arabia, officially known as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), is an Arab state in Western Asia. Since petroleum was discovered in 1938 and followed up by several other finds in the Shia-majority Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia has become the world's largest oil producer and exporter, controlling the world's second largest oil reserves, and the 6th largest gas reserves. According to World Bank, the kingdom is categorized as a high-income economy with a high Human Development Index. As the only Arab country to be part of the G-20 major economies, the kingdom burns a large amount of its crude oil for power generation mainly during peak summer demand. Deputy Oil Minister said in February that Saudi’s energy consumption was estimated to grow by 4 to 5% annually in the next few years, reaching twice its current level by 2030 if no efficiency measures are taken. Thus, to construct a more efficient power system is one of the top priorities to the kingdom.
- Compliance with IEC 61850-3 / IEEE1613, ensuring the best EMI shielding and communication without error
- Secure data communication (Redundant Ring protection)
- Fiber optic uplinks for long-distance transmission, noise resistance, and huge bandwidth for future upgrades
- Sustain from high temperature of middle east
Lantech IEC 61850-3 switches are adopted for one of the modern power substation projects to help meet growing electricity demand from the western region of Saudi Arabia where large numbers of Muslim pilgrims spend the fasting month (Ramadan) in holy cities of Mecca and Medina in this region every year. Lantech industrial IEC 61850-3 managed switch IES-3424DSFP-2P-PT and IES-5408DSFPM-PT are adopted for this project, connecting the SCADAs, IEDs and Switchgears. Lantech switches not only help to build up a complete redundant network with ITU G.8032 Ring, but also ensure the data transmission is stable under such a harsh power substation environment.
Lantech Solution: IES-3424DSFP-2P-PT and IES-5408DSFPM-PT
- IEC 61850-3 & IEEE1613 compliance
- Dual speed SFP provides stable and long-distance fiber optic connection
- Supports Enhanced ITU G.8032 ring redundancy with easy configuration