Project background - Avanti West Coast Upgraded Pendolinos
• The Pendolino were first introduced on the West Coast Main Line by Virgin Trains in 2002. It serves routes between London, Manchester, Glasgow, Preston, Carlisle, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Birmingham.
• The £117m investment is part of the UK’s biggest ever train upgrade.
• The first refurbished set is back out on the route in late APR 2022.
Lantech Ethernet Solution
Lantech EN50155 rack mount switches are used for in-train CCTV system, onboard Wi-Fi system, seat reservation system and passenger information/ infotainment system. With up to 24 Giga + 4 10G high capacity, the powerful device can handle these huge data simultaneously.
- PoE model: w/8/16 PoE ports
- EN50155/61373/45545-2 verification
- Support IEEE802.3at/af up to 30W per port (PoE model)
- PoE management incl. Detection and Scheduling (PoE model)
- Support PXE
- Enhanced G.8032 ring protection
- Miss-wiring avoidance & node failure protection
- Inrush current protection
- User friendly UI, including auto topology drawing; Complete CLI
- Enhanced Environmental Monitoring
- IP41 aluminum enclosure
- Optional L3Lite or IEC 61375-2-5 TBN features to be upgradable
- USB port to upload & download the configuration file
- Optional smart bypass 10G ports
- Dual power input 16.8V~137.5V with galvanic isolation
- Factory reset pin to restore factory default setting
- Wide range operation temperature: -40~70C/-40~158F